Monday, July 2, 2007

when it rains, it pours



Last night, I had a severely angry customer who went crazy and laid into me.It was just the last straw and I couldn't take it, so I freaked out dramatically with the non-stop crying and all that fun stuff. I called Eddie in and went home early, because I just couldn't deal with it.Brandon and I aren't the only thing that's had trouble this week. At the same time that I was worried over that, my brother was running away from home for the second time in five days.We also learned that he and his friends are messing around with drugs. Marijuana right now -- but he's apparently expressed interest in acid.It absolutely churns my stomach that Hunter has fallen this far down. I mean, I knew he was depressed and that he was having a lot of emotional trouble, but I'd honestly thought he had enough sense to stay away from that path of escape.And my mother's been worried sick over both of us, and I've been worried about her, because I know she's already stretched thin as it is.I wish this sort of stuff didn't all have to come at once. If Brandon and I weren't taking time apart, I would have him as a support; if my family weren't dealing with larger problems, I'd have them as a support whilst I go through this with Brandon. But instead I feel guilty for being upset, and for putting my problems on anyone.I think it's time for another visit to the therapist, because it's hard to fight the feelings of being alone, and the feeling that it's my fault. I know none of that's true, but it's hard to get out of this way of thinking, and I need to. I am doing much better than last time though.Several people have been asking me whether I still intend to move to Houston even though Brandon and I aren't taking things so quickly and seriously anymore. The answer is yes, because he wasn't the only reason I was going back. I was going back to help my mother -- and now, my brother too -- and no matter how much I may whine and complain about them, I was looking forward to being close to my family again. Those are my main reasons, though without Brandon I might not have realised them. And now that I'm not looking at marriage anytime soon, I can look at my options there career-wise. There are people who I know or my mother knows, who can give me a foot in the door to magazine-type work, and that sort of thing.And if things work out with Brandon, then that'll just be the icing on the cake.Anyway, if you're religious, keep us in your prayers. I'm going to visit Mom again tomorrow and Tuesday, so hopefully that'll help.

6 comments:

teejayjohnny15710 said...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,The courage to change the things that I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.Living one day at a time.Enjoying one moment at a time,Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will.That I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen.Pray for these three gifts every day. I seek them all, as do you. And you do get better at it over time, never perfect, just better. And sometimes it takes some beating your head against the wall trying to change something before you figure out that you can't.

aalbprvyaoz said...

And sometimes, not always, when you think your efforts to change something were for nought, you discover that you did. Many times you don't know this until years have passed, especially in dealing with people that have freedom of will.

paa7ulog9l said...

Teri,I know we haven't chatted much in real time lately, but I wanted you to know that I'm not thinking of you any less. Perhaps even more so - be assured of my prayers.Tim

bethalf1153yahoocom said...

You are not alone in the universe, nor are you the only one to have these troubles and feelings. Just keep dumping on us and know that you have your whole flist thinking of you.((((huggles))))Lou/Raven

thalydieswae66 said...

Prayers are being sent your way. You know we are here if you need to dump/release/have a say.....

aheladieswty14yahoocom said...

Grant to my sister, my Lord, that with peace of mind she may face all that this new day is to bring. Grant her grace to surrender herself completely to Your holy will. For every hour of this day instruct and prepare her in all things. Whatsoever tidings she may receive during the day, do You teach her to accept tranquilly, in the firm conviction that all eventualities fulfill Your holy will. Govern her thoughts and feelings in all she does and says. When things unforeseen occur, let her not forget that all comes down from You. Teach her to behave sincerely and reasonably toward every member of her family, that she may bring confusion and sorrow to none. Bestow on her, my Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the day and to bear her part in all its passing events. Guide my will and teach her to pray, to believe, to hope, to suffer, to forgive and to love. Amen