Monday, June 25, 2007

It's hot when guys sing in different languages



So, as part of his ongoing fundraising effort for Polaris (Brandon's eventual drum corps and ensembles), Brandon's going to have a concert thingy, with some aid from my mother -- who as most of you know, owns coffee shops in the Houston area, and thus has an instant venue of sorts. In any case, he sent me a recording of a song called "Mi Mancherai" a couple nights ago, informing me that this would be part of the program for said concert.Behold, the pretty. It's such a sad song, but is it ever gorgeous. If you can listen to it without getting a little misty-eyed, then you have no soul....Of course, I could be biased. Meh.Lyrics: Mi mancherai se te ne vaiMi mancherà la tua serenitàLe tue parole come canzoni al ventoE l'amore che ora porti viaMi mancherai se te ne vaiOra per sempre non so come vivereE l'allegria, amica mia, va via con teMi mancherai, mi mancherai, perchè vai viaPerchè l'amore in te si è spentoPerchè, perchè...Non cambierà niente lo soE dentro sento teMi mancherai, mi mancherai, perchè vai viaPerchè l'amore in te si è spentoPerchè, perchè...Non cambierà niente lo soE dentro sento teMi mancherà l'immensitàDei nostri giorni e notti insieme noiI tuoi sorrisi quando si fa buioLa tua ingenuità da bambina, tu...Mi mancherai amore mioMi guardo e trovo un vuoto dentro meE l'allegria, amica mia, va via con teI will miss you if you goI will miss your serenityYour words like songs to the windAnd the love that you take away with youI will miss you if you goNow and foreverI don't know how I'd liveAnd my friend HappinessWill go with youI will miss you, I will miss youWhy are you going away?Why has the love in you died?Why, why?Nothing will change, I knowAnd inside I feel youI will miss the intensityOf our days and nights togetherYour smiles when it's darkYour childlike innocence, youI will miss you, my loveI look at myself and find a void inside meAnd my friend HappinessWill go with you

1 comment:

st93noho1978yahoocom said...

Awww. I've never seen the real lyrics for that. But it's a lovely song. If you want to hear another version, Josh Groban does this on his album Closer with this exquisite violinist named Joshua Bell, and it's very deep and emotional. But really. I'm so impressed with Brandon's music! I loved the version of "Fields of Gold" he did. You are truly a lucky girl! =)